The Ceiling Rail System gives you complete freedom to place flash heads, soft boxes or lamps in the right place in your studio without having stands getting in the way, or you tripping over cords.
The 4 included pantographs give you real convenience. This specially designed suspension system has a capacity of 1 to 15kg and the built-in spring allows you to easily hang your flash head or accessory at the right height.
4 x 3m ceiling rails
4 x Pantographs
Pantograph Rail Kit Installation Instructions
- The first set of rails should be mounted to the ceiling 2.8m apart, and parallel.
- If you have a plaster ceiling, locate mount points in the roof behind the ceiling which can support the weight of the pantograph system and the lights to be mounted on them. Depending on the mount points in your ceiling, sometimes it is easier to mount a 10mm x 100xx x 3000mm wooden board to the ceiling for each rail, and then screw the rails to the board.
- If the roof is higher than the desired height of the rails, such as in a warehouse, create a support frame for the pantograph rails using threaded ceiling rod.
- Install the first pair of rails securely to the roof.
- Slide two double-sided carriages onto each of the two rails that are mounted to the roof
- Slide one of the remaining 3m rails through the wheels of one double carriage on each of the rails attached to the roof. This rail should be perpendicular to the two fixed rails, so it can slide along the fixed rails.
- Slide the last remaining 3m rail onto the remaining two double wheel carriages. This should also be perpendicular to the two rails fixed to the roof.
- Slide two single-sided carriages with 16mm spigots onto each of the lower two rails
- Slide cable carrier clips onto each of the 2 lower rails
- Install end bolts into the ends of all 4 rails to prevent the carriages from sliding out s sliding off the fixed rails, and
- Install end bolts to prevent the pantographs sliding off the mobile rails
- Attach a pantograph to each of the carriages with 16mm spigot.