- LCD Viewfinders & Loupes (6)
- C-Stands (14)
- Clamps, Arms & Accessories (16)
- Sliders (7)
- Varavon Armor DSLR Video Cages (2)
- Rechargeable Batteries AAA/AA (6)
- B-Grip Strap Free System (7)
- Battery and Charger Accessories (8)
- Camera Backpacks (31)
- Camera Bags (37)
- Camera Crane Weight Bags (3)
- Camera Dolly (2)
- Camera Jibs (26)
- Camera Lens Filters and Protectors (0)
- Camera Memory Cards (1)
- Camera Stabiliser (7)
- Camera Straps (6)
- Camera Tripods (62)
- DSLR Battery Grips (3)
- Folding Background Panels (9)
- Gift Ideas & Vouchers (2)
- Hoodman (14)
- Muslin Photography Backdrops (11)
- On Camera LED Lighting (11)
- Other Camera Accessories (35)
- Photography Light Stands (24)
- Rechargeable Batteries and Charger Combo (5)
- Rechargeable Batteries and Chargers Combo (3)
- Rechargeable Batteries C/D/9V (8)
- Rechargeable Battery Chargers (9)
- Remote Shutter Release (10)
- Softboxes & Umbrellas (40)
- Speedlite Camera Flashes (5)
- Spider Holster Hands Free System (11)
- Strobist Equipment (30)
- Studio Flash Lighting Kit (13)
- Studio Flash Modifiers (13)
- Studio Video Lighting (23)
- Video Camera Tripods (24)
- Wireless Flash Triggers (11)
Powerex Imedion 2400mAh AA rechargeable Batteries 4packSee all items by: Powerex
|Buy 2 to 3:||Pay AU$19.00 ea|
|Buy 4 to 7:||Pay AU$18.00 ea|
|Buy 8 to 15:||Pay AU$17.00 ea|
Shipping: Enter post code to calculate No shipping methods available.
Powerex Imedion 2400mAh AA rechargeable Batteries 4pack
A new technology breakthrough - MAHA's next generation of NiMH battery technology
Unlike traditional NiMH batteries, IMEDION batteries can be stored for an extended period of time without substantial loss of power, and are ready to use out-of-package. As the name suggests, the IMEDION batteries will be “ready immediately”.
A common problem with rechargeable batteries is that they need to be recharged about once every three months, even if they are not used. Maha tackled this issue by developing advanced electrode materials to reduce the rate of power loss during storage. As a result, the IMEDION batteries retain up to 85% of its charge even after one year of storage (at a room temperature of 20 deg C).
- Never reach for your camera again, only to find the batteries have gone flat since you last used the camera.
- Low internal resistance makes them ideal for use in hiigh power devices such as external camera flashes.
- Low discharge rate also makes them ideal for lower drainage devices such as TV remote controls, where the discharge rate makes normal NiMH batteries inappropriate
- Can be recharged up to 1000 times
- IMEDION batteries can be charged in any Maha Powerex battery charger or any other NiMH battery charger
- 2400 mAh capacity has been tested as the highest capacity low discharge battery on the market.
Modern Ni-MH batteries consist of two metal stripes ( anode and cathode ), which are separated by a non-conductive porous plastic foil ( separator ). These three stripes are laid on top of each other and are wound into a coil. This coil is placed in a metal jacket and immersed with a liquid ( electrolyte ). Then the metal jacket is sealed with a cap to form the battery cell.
The self discharge of Ni-MH batteries is caused by three main reasons:
* the chemical decomposition of the cathode
* the natural disaggregation of the anode
* Impurities of the anode
The chemical decomposition of the cathode has been reduced substantially by the use of an advanced NEW Technology that has been refined by MAHA.
As an additional benefit this technology increases the electrical capacity of the battery and reduces the internal resistance, which allows higher discharge currents than older NiMH Batteries.
Another advantage of the reduced decomposition of this alloy is the fact that less strategic metal is needed to stabilize the alloy.
The anode has been strengthened by another new material, which reduces the natural disaggregation.
Additionally, the separator and the electrolyte used have been optimized for low self discharge in Imedion batteries.
How do they compare to normal Powerex batteries?
The IMEDION batteries are available in 2400mAh capacity for AA. While 2400mAh is lower than the standard 2700mAh Powerex AA batteries, for devices that do not drain the batteries in less than a month, the IMEDION AA rechargeable batteries will provide a longer lasting solution.
Due to the low discharge characteristics of IMEDION batteries, they enable rechargeablle NiMH batteries to be used in low powered devices such as remote controls for the TV, DVD player, Stereo, Computer mouse, and XBOX controllers without the need for regular recharging.
How do IMEDION AA batteries compare to other LSD batteries?
For further details see LSD AA battery comparison results
Can I use any battery charger?
Imedion AA batteries are compatible with all Powerex Battery chargers. They will also work in other smart chargers. They are not recommended for timer chargers.
The price is per pack of 4 batteries. Each pack of 4 x AA IMEDION batteries includes a Maha Powerex 4 Cell Battery Case.
AU$109.95 8% OFFRRP AU$119.85
AU$129.00 13% OFFRRP AU$149.95